Keep Britain Tidy Service Charter
Our Commitment to You
• When you contact us by letter or e-mail we will provide a written response within ten working days. If we cannot do this, we will let you know when you can expect to hear from us.
• During core business hours (Mon – Fri 9am -5pm) we aim to answer 90% of all land line telephone calls to our head office within 4 rings. If we cannot answer your query, we will explain the reason why and, wherever possible direct you to a relevant organisation that we believe can help.
• We will always try to make sure that our responses contain information that is accurate and up to date.
• Our staff will provide their name on the telephone and in all written correspondence.
• We treat everyone fairly and consistently, and recognise that we have a wide range of customers. We aim to deliver the same high levels of service to everyone.
• We will record comments, compliments and complaints and use them to review and where necessary make changes to our service.
• We use plain English wherever possible and explain technical terms.
• We offer general advice but cannot take up individual cases, nor take legal action on behalf of others. We cannot act as legal representatives and we do not provide specialist legal advice. We cannot pay or reimburse costs.
• We will respect privacy and confidentiality and handle all data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• We will adhere to all regulatory guidelines with respect to requests under the Environmental Information Regulations.