What can I do?
We don’t really want to tell you what to do as we want to encourage you to take pride in your surroundings but you could start by keeping the area where you live free of litter. Why not get together with your neighbours and make a commitment to work together to make where you live a nicer environment? You can become part of the campaign today by pledging your support and letting us know why your local area is important to you and what you can do to make it look better.
Visit our Facebook page and upload a picture of yourself holding up a sign telling us why you Love Where You Live or follow us on Twitter to find out the latest news about the campaign. If you prefer you can email us your picture or comments and we will upload these for you. We will be telling people more about what we have planned over the coming months and how you can be more involved.
Love Where You Live principles
The Love Where You Live campaign is based on six guiding principles that we are asking those who want to be involved, whether they are an organisation or an individual to adopt:
• Encourage personal responsibility and positive action
• Work in partnership with neighbours to reduce litter
• Take responsibility for keeping your own immediate area clean
• Raise awareness and education about the prevention of littering
• Make it easy for people not to drop litter
• Become an active ambassador for clean, green places throughout England and the UK
To get involved with Love Where You Live or find out more about the campaign visit our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
What is Love where you live?
Read about the aims of the campaign?
Find out about the Love Where You Live brand.