Introduction to Fixed Penalty Notices for Litter, Graffiti, Flyposting and Dog Control Orders
(Obligatory Course for Parish Council ‘Authorised Officers’)
On behalf of Defra, this obligatory training is for officers, authorised by Parish Councils to issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) under the Clean Neighbourhoods & Environment Act.
To provide a basic understanding of how to apply the relevant sections of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 relating to litter, dogs, fly posting and graffiti by means of a Fixed Penalty Notice lawfully, safely and appropriately.
By the end of this training delegates will be able to: -
- Identify the offences that officers authorised by Parish Councils are empowered to tackle through the CNEA;
- Identify evidential requirements for supporting prosecutions;
- Identify appropriate circumstances for issuing FPNs;
- Issue FPN’s safely, lawfully and effectively.
Who would benefit by attending this course?
This course is aimed at officers authorised by parish councils and district council officers with LEQ enforcement roles (specifically the issuing of FPN’s for litter, dog control, graffiti and fly posting).
One day (9.30am – 4.30pm)
£199 + VAT Comprehensive delegate pack on CD-ROM and Lunch included.
If you have more than 8 members of staff who you would like to train, then bespoke training will give you much more value for money.Whilst saving money other benefits include:-
• Receiving a more tailored training package
• Providing an induction for new staff and motivating existing staff
• Ensuring consistent quality
• a greater focus on local matters
Prices start from £1500 + VAT, contact us for a quote.
We recognise that you may not have a large number of staff to train, so why not invite colleagues from neighbouring authorities and associations who would also benefit from this option, and who could share the training costs.
As a host you need to provide a suitable training venue, equipment and refreshments (including lunch for full day courses).
To discuss this further and ascertain dates, please contact our Training Department on 01942 612655 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org