Managing Trade Waste
The collection and management of Trade Waste from our street scene places increased challenges to local authorities. This course will investigate the conflicting pressures placed on authorities and explore the practical and strategic alternatives for this difficult area.
This practical and interactive course will allow delegates to set realistic policies and procedures for dealing with the issues connected with trade and commercial waste:
• have knowledge of the dynamics between the public and private waste collection industries;
• Investigate the financial aspects of commercial waste collection;
• Consider the enforcement and legislative options to prevent abuses against the authority, and encourage compliance;
• Consider the implications against the street scene and appearance on the shopping and commercial areas;
• Explore the recycling opportunities;
• Develop balanced strategies for ensuring that the authority manages their commercial waste responsibilities realistically and effectively.
Who would benefit by attending this course?
Those involved in trade waste management, enforcement and collection, including local authority strategic and collection waste managers, enforcement officers and all those connected with the commercial waste business.
One day (9.30am – 4.30pm)
£299 + VAT per delegate. Comprehensive delegate pack and Lunch included.
KEEP BRITAIN TIDY NETWORK
Full and Associate Members of our Keep Britain Tidy Network programme will be entitled to a 25% discount for one place per regional course.
*The Network programme is particularly useful to local authorities, registered social landlords and large landowners and provides a package of enabling programmes, campaigns and technical support on how to solve local environmental problems.
If you have more than 8 members of staff who you would like to train, then bespoke training will give you much more value for money.Whilst saving money other benefits include:-
- Receiving a more tailored training package
- Providing an induction for new staff and motivating existing staff
- Ensuring consistent quality
- a greater focus on local matters
£2,500 + VAT for maximum of 15 delegates.
We recognise that you may not have a large number of staff to train, so why not invite colleagues from neighbouring authorities and associations who would also benefit from this option, and who could share the training costs.
As a host you need to provide a suitable training venue, equipment and refreshments (including lunch for full day courses).
To discuss this further and ascertain dates, please contact our Training Department on 01942 612655 or email your request to email@example.com