Introduction to Becoming an Eco-Centre
To increase understanding of the Eco-Centres programme and its links to sustainability and to enable centres to successfully achieve Eco-Centre status.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Explain what being an Eco-Centre means
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainability issues
- Identify ways to engage the whole centre (both staff and visitors) in the programme
- Explore what “carbon footprints” means for their own organisation/building
- Identify partners who can support their centre in the programme
- Plan for next steps with Eco-Centres
Who would benefit from attending this course?
The Eco-Centres award programme would benefit staff, members and volunteers that work with community and public buildings, including:
- Leisure centres and healthy centres
- Community centres and village halls
- Young people’s and children’s centres
- Field study and environmental education centres
- Outdoor education and visitor centres
- Training centres
This course offers an excellent opportunity for newcomers to the Eco-Centres programme to equip themselves with the knowledge and confidence required to introduce the programme into their centre.
Duration: Half day
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Training Team on 01942 612655 or email email@example.com.