Write to your MP
If you feel strongly about the litter problems where you live then why not write to your MP? Help us shout about litter in the corridors of power. To find out who your MP is visit http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/commons/l/
Writing to your MP is one of your rights as a constituent. It is a great way to help influence their decisions about things that are of interest to you. Your letter doesn't have to be long and detailed, and you don't need to be an expert in law.
When writing your letter:
• State that you are a constituent
• Explain what your letter is about
• Stay polite and positive
• Include your address so that they can write back to you
• Keep to one issue and try to write concisely - one side of A4 should be enough
• Explain your understanding of what is already being done
Then you should highlight what you want the MP to do. The more specific you are the better, write it in plain English avoiding jargon and technical words where possible. Indicate that you would like to hear from them.
Always remember to include:
• What happened or has to be done
• Who is affected / has to do something - the more personal, the better
• When did or will it happen
• Who said - where does the information come from?
Let us know how you get on.