Graffiti Removal by Hand
Why would benefit by attending this training?
This course will provide delegates with an insight into how they can make a difference to the communities in which they live and / or work by tackling graffiti safely and efficiently, when possible, through correct methods and techniques. It allows individuals ‘to make a difference!’
This course is currently the only standalone accredited one of its type in the UK (at the time of writing) and a certificate will be provided to all delegates on completion.
The aim of this training is to successfully and safely remove graffiti by hand. Objectives on completing this training the delegate will be able to
- Identify the surface on which there is graffiti;
- Identify methods of removing graffiti safely and without causing hazards to themselves or other people;
- Successfully remove graffiti using the correct methods and equipment.
Those involved with removing graffiti on a smaller scale – caretakers, wardens, community groups or local authority officers, where a professional graffiti removal team is not required.
This course is a 3-hour course and can be run at your premises for 2-8 people. (If you have more that 8 people to be trained you will need to hold two sessions on one day). The graffiti removal course is divided into four sections.
- The theory of graffiti removal and Health & Safety issues and requirements. This part of the training (normally lasts 1 hour) will be concluded with a short written test for all trainees. The test is made up of 9 questions usually requiring one-word answers and relates to the theory already covered in the lesson.
- A demonstration of graffiti removal using the environmentally friendly products, highlighting the Health & Safety measures required to ensure safe and effective removal. (Last approx. 1 hour)
- All trainees then remove graffiti under supervision. They are observed by the trainer to ensure they are competent. Once delegates are deemed competent the course will conclude. (Last approx. 1 hour)
- Delegates will then be required to complete a minimum of 10 hours of graffiti removal (this can include the training course hours). The log must be "signed off" by their line manager, supervisor or training co-ordinator confirming the trainees competency. This log must be returned to Keep Britain Tidy within 4 weeks of attending the training. Certificates will then be issued to all successful delegates.
Accredited by the Open Colleges Network
This course is accredited by the Open Colleges Network and is the only standalone-accredited course in the UK (at the time of writing). Successful delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
This course is run locally, on site or at a venue of your choice.
1 session (1-8 delegates) £1200 + VAT
2 sessions (8-16 delegates) £2000 + VAT
(Both sessions must be held on the same day)
As a host authority you will need to provide
To discuss this further and ascertain dates, please contact our Training Department on 01942 612621 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org