Engaging Young People in Environmental Projects
To enable delegates to promote sustainable behaviour and effectively engage young people in initiatives to improve the environment.
After attending the course, learners will be able to:
· Identify and use existing environmental programmes to engage young people (aged from Early Years to late teens)
· Identify partners who can support the involvement of young people in environmental and sustainability initiatives
· Consider and adopt practical examples of environmental/sustainability projects for young people
· Consider and apply effective methods of communicating with and campaigning to young people
· Develop a personal action plan for engaging young people in environmental projects
Who would benefit from attending this course?
This course is aimed primarily at local authority officers, however, staff from other organisations with an interest in engaging young people in environmental projects or educating young people about sustainable behaviour will benefit from attending.
Duration: One day 9.30 am - 4.30 pm
Organisations can have exclusive training at their premises if there are between 8 and 15 delegates. As a host authority you will need to provide:
- Refreshments (including lunch)
- Multi Media Projector (optional)
Contact the Training Team for in-house prices.
For further information about all of our training courses, please contact our Training Team on 01942 612655 or email us on email@example.com
Hear what our delegates said about the course.
“This course has exceeded my expectations, I would like to get more involved with Eco Schools and now feel more confident to do so”. ALISON WAINWRIGHT, NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME BOROUGH COUNCIL