Beach Litter causes a variety of problems.
• Any waste on a beach is unpleasant to see. Unless someone picks it up, it could stay there for hundreds of years.
• Both Marine and other wildlife is affected by waste in ours seas. From entrapment (nets, rope, cord) to swallowing or suffocation, marine waste can be deadly.
• No one wants to sit on a dirty beach, they may go elsewhere or not visit at all.
• Marine waste can carry disease and bacteria harmful to humans and sharp objects, can cause harm.
• The water quality of a local beach can be affected by marine waste.